LED Retrofit Kits
LED retrofit kits provide everything you need to upgrade your fluorescent, CFL or HID system to LED lighting. A LED retrofit will provide you with high-quality lighting along with significant financial and environmental benefits, without the added cost and time of completely having to overhaul your lighting system.
Retrofitting is when you replace the lights in your existing system with newer technology. If you're happy with your current lighting design and layout but would like it to be more efficient or provide better quality light, retrofitting is the perfect solution. Upgrading to LED lighting will provide you with improved lighting quality that's up to 40 percent brighter than HID, incandescent or fluorescent lighting, while using between 50 to 85 percent less energy with an incredible lamp life of up to 10 years. The end result will be long-term energy savings that will pay for the cost of a LED retrofit within 1 to 4 years, and continue to save you money long afterward. Also, retrofit LED lights are environmentally friendly, helping to reduce carbon footprint and doesn't produce hazardous waste to leak into waterways and soil.
We offer a variety of LED retrofit solutions that will allow you to upgrade almost any existing system. Our selection of LED commercial retrofit kits will give your brighter lights with improved efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are LED Retrofit Kits?
LED retrofit kits are designed to provide an energy efficient and cost saving replacement solution for fluorescent, halogen, high pressure sodium, and metal halide bulbs used in both indoor and outdoor applications. These retrofit kits include all the hardware and parts to easily upgrade your current lighting system without having to purchase new fixtures. Installation is simple with retrofit kits, in some instances a bulb may only have to be replace. Here are some examples of where LED retrofit kits would apply:
- High Pressure Sodium to LED Kits
- Incandescent to LED Retros
- Fluorescent to LED Retrofits
- Metal Halide to LED Conversions
Where are LED Retrofit Kits used?
LED retrofit kits can be used in areas where existing lighting fixtures need to be upgraded to LED. Here are some examples of where retrofit kits would apply:
What are the different types of LED Retrofit Kits?
Here are the most common lighting fixtures that can be converted to LED:
- Recessed Lighting
- Strip Lights
- Troffer Lights
- Low Bay Lighting
- High Bay Lighting
- Canopy Lights
- Wall Pack Lights
- Street Lights
- Post Top Lights
Here are some examples of retrofit kits designed to convert outdated and less efficient light fixtures to LED:
- Recessed Lighting
- Corn Lights
- Magnetic Kits
- Ballast Bypass Tubes
- Ballast Compatible Tubes
- Wall Pack Retrofit Kits
- Flat Panel Kits
What are the benefits of LED Retrofit Kits?
There are many benefits you'll receive with LED retrofit kits. Below we'll go over what benefits you'll receive with you new updated fixtures:
- Save money - Compared to older fluorescent and HID technologies which fail at a faster rate, LEDs last significantly longer. Retrofitting your high bay fixtures is a budget-friendly solution when compared to completely replacing your lighting fixtures with newer models. With this solution, you get to keep your existing fixture housing since you'll only be replacing its internal components with LED.
- Easier than installing new fixtures - Compared to installing a new fixture which could be labor intensive in terms of time and effort, retrofitting the existing fixture can be completed in just a matter of minutes.
- More efficient lighting solution - Retrofitting existing fluorescent and HID fixtures to LED is more efficient. LED not only will provide you with not only a better life expectancy, it will also make your fixtures more efficient in terms of lumens produced per watt consumed over fluorescent and HID options.
- Provides more versatility - LED technology has more options for color temperature over older fluorescent tubes and HID lamps. It also offers better color rendering indexes which makes it ideal for a range of settings.