Many commercial and industrial building areas have uncontrollable elements such as water, heat, humidity, and debris that could damage everyday lighting fixtures. Even though these issues are present, it does not mean that there is no solution available. Stars and Stripes Lighting's LED vapor tight fixtures are specifically designed to protect against harsh elements as well as provide powerful lighting, while saving you on energy costs. These fixtures are suitable for keeping out moisture and vapor from entering the fixture. Some of the features these vapor tights have are reinforced fiberglass housings and high impact diffusers.
With the evolution of LED technology, these vapor tight LED fixtures come available in a color temperature range of 3000K-5000K and make excellent replacements for less-efficient fluorescent strip lights commonly found in interior and exterior locations such as food service areas, tunnels, airports, car wash operations, parking garages, stairwells, and maintenance areas. Vapor-proof LED lighting fixtures can be mounted in several different ways including surface or chain mounted, and are offered in 2, 4, and 8-foot lengths with wattages ranging from 20-100 watts. Many even are 0-10V dimmable as well.
Our collection of LED vapor tight fixtures have IP65 or IP66 standard ratings, which enables them to handle a variety of environments. IP65 and IP66 ratings mean that the fixtures are dust tight with the only difference being IP65 is protected against water projected from a nozzle and IP66 is protect against powerful water jets and areas where heavy seas are present.
What are LED Vapor Tight Fixtures?
LED vapor tight fixtures are designed to withstand exposure to dust, humidity or water is an issue. There suitable for use in both indoor and outdoor applications. These fixtures are built to provide powerful, efficient lighting in harsh environments. Thanks to their completely sealed and gasketed design, the light source is always protected from the outside elements such as non-combustible dusts, corrosive fumes, moisture, non-explosive vapors and gases. These lights are also protected against rust and corrosion as well, unlike conventional light fixtures.
Where are LED Vapor Tight Fixtures used?
LED vapor tight fixtures can be used to illuminate both indoor and outdoor applications that require a fixture with durability, long life and to be water- and/or dust resistant. They are also well protected against corrosion that could affect the quality of light being delivered. Some examples of where these fixtures are used include airports, parking garages, shopping centers, stairwells, refrigeration rooms, car washes and food service areas.
In the examples mentioned above, each location has its own unique challenge that can be addressed with the use of LED vapor tight fixtures:
- Airports and shopping centers need light fixtures that are able to withstand extremely cold climates, dust and rain. They need to be able to provide illumination that is reliable and long-lasting to ensure the safety of pedestrians and works in the area.
- Refrigeration and food service areas require light fixtures that can withstand cold and/or moisture. These fixtures also need to be able to regularly sprayed down for routine cleaning.
- Car washes need lights that can withstand dirt, soap, heat and water.
- Parking garages and stairwells require lights that can withstand dust and moisture.
Here are some more examples of where LED vapor tight fixtures are used:
What are the different types of LED Vapor Tight Fixtures?
LED vapor tight fixtures are available in three forms: linear, high bay and jar. Each offers the same great benefits against moisture, dust and vapors. Depending on the application of where they are being installed, there may be one type that will work better than the other.
What are the benefits of LED Vapor Tight Fixtures?
There are many benefits you'll get with LED vapor tight fixtures:
- Regardless of whether they are being used in an outdoor setting where the elements created from mother nature can present a problem, or in an indoor setting with unique obstacles such as a cold storage warehouse, these wet location fixtures are designed with extra protection and durability for a worry-free lighting solution.
- Besides providing protection to prevent the internal light source and lens from becoming damaged, these fixtures also help protect against corrosion and rust as well
- Where heat, water, humidity, and other debris could damage conventional lighting fixtures, LED vapor tight fixtures are ideal because they are built to withstand these conditions.
- Since these vapor tight fixtures use LED technology, they provide a long-lasting lighting solution that requires minimal replacements or upkeep for years, while saving money on energy consumption.